FRIDA KAHLO, 1907-1954
Portraiture using Symbolism or create your own Frida Painting by studying one of her famous works.
Suitable for beginners to experienced painters
“I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.” Frida Kahlo
Fee: $180, includes great quality stretched canvas and refreshments.
Painters attending this workshop are required to bring either a photo or colour photocopy of themselves or a person they know very well. From this the portrait will be created. Participants will be asked to think about symbolism that might reflect particular personal experiences or traits, loved ones, fears, dreams.
You may decide to paint the legend herself! If so you will need to bring your favourite image of Frida Kahlo with you and let your creative interpretation take over!
What to bring on the day;
- If you are a beginner the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a beginners painting kit.
- Experienced paintings you will need your paints either oil or acrylic is fine
- Oil painters you will need a tube of acrylic paint - 1 colour (a ground cover)
- Brushes small, large, hard, soft, rounded and square
- Rags and paper towel
- Containers jars or small tins for your mediums, solvent (odourless) and water
- Baby wipes to keep (optional)
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags)
Don't forget your LUNCH - Duthy Street have tea and coffee and cookies for you.
To book a deposit of $50 is required with the full amount to be paid prior to the workshop.
How to Book and Pay
- Contact Liana Vargas: email@example.com or phone 0408136466
Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
IMPORTANT: When paying electronically – please advise when transfer complete
*Please note fee's and deposits are non refundable and not transferrable
Copyright © 2012 - 2016 Liana Vargas, All rights reserved.