Edward Hopper (1882 – 1967), American Realist
Light and Loneliness
Semi-Private Speciality Workshop over two days, (4 hours each day), 6 participants maximum. Open to Beginners and experienced OIL painters.
Create a 'study' of your favourite Hopper Original or compose your own Hopper 'style' painting. Beginners this is a great chance to learn a few Oil Painting Techniques, you will be surprised how easy and beautiful oil paint is to use!
Fee: $260, Fee does not include canvas or Oil paint
Edward Hopper is widely acknowledged as the most important realist painter of twentieth-century America. But his vision of reality was a selective one, reflecting his own temperament in the empty cityscapes, landscapes, and isolated figures he chose to paint. His work demonstrates that realism is not merely a literal or photographic copying of what we see, but an interpretive rendering.
What to bring on the day;
- If you are a beginner the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a Professional beginners Oil painting kit.
- Experienced painters you will need your paintingl kit with acrylic for ground paint.
- Canvas, great quality canvases can be purchased from Duthy Street the day.
- Brushes small, large, hard, soft, rounded and square.
- Palette Knives.
- Rags, paper towel, baby wipes.
- Containers jars or small tins.
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags).
- Duthy Street have tea and coffee and cookies for you.
How to book and Pay
Those interested are requested to pay fee $50 upon enrolment with balance payable before the day of the workshop.
(Please note because of limited numbers refunds or transfers can not be offered.)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
Please call 0408136466 or email email@example.com