THE WHITE - Contemporary Painting
From the deceptively simple to the most intricate of designs - White is always Sophisticated, Pure, Enigmatic - Thoughtful
4 hour workshop in Acrylic or Oil Paint. Ideal for experimentation
Tuition Fee: $130*
*Canvases are not included in the above fee. I recommend 76.2 x 101.6cm (30 x 40") canvas which can be purchased from Duthy Street on the day, or bring your own as this style of painting is great for re-working old canvases.
The Workshop: In this very popular one-day workshop participants will be shown techniques and skills in how to paint contemporary abstract ‘White paintings’. It is an extremely 'meditative' process where encouragement is given to experiment with different applications of paint using not just paint brushes but palette knives, cloth and rags ect in multiple ways. Painters will be shown examples of achieving alternative surfaces in their painting and given a chance to try adding gold, silver or copper leaf to their composition as well as other thickening and moulding products to give varied textures to your abstract painting.
The team at Duthy St will have some product samples for you to try on the day for free!
Duthy Street Art Supplies will be open on the day for you to shop to your hearts content if you wish.
What to bring on the day;
- If you are a beginner the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a beginners acrylic painting kit you will need a few warm or cool colour.
- Moulding paste for building up sculptural thicker areas
- Palette knifes and rags
- Oil painters you will to start your first layers with acrylic paint
- LARGE Brushes (house painting brushes) and some average sized brushes
- Rags and paper towels
- Largish containers to put your paint in and for your brush water
- Baby wipes to keep (optional)
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags)
Duthy Street have tea and coffee and cookies for you.
To book a deposit of $50 is required with the full amount to be paid prior to the workshop.
*Please note fee's and deposits are non refundable and not transferrable
Copyright © 2012 - 2018 Liana Vargas, All rights reserved.