Steely Eyed Goddess of the Machine Age
Tamara de Lempicka, 1898-1980 - We will be actually painting one or her original works - a great way to learn from this brilliant avant-garde artist.
Above are images of works in progress by participants in my earlier workshop
Fee: $180, includes stretched canvas and refreshments.
- For an additional cost of $30 I can 'pre draw' your image on your canvas for you before the day so you can concentrate on painting your Tamara de Lempicka image. Please Choose one of the above images and let me know in plenty of time.
- Or you can call in to Duthy Street and pick up your canvas to draw it up yourself from home.
- Or if you are ok about not getting the painting finished on the day I can show you how to 'grid up' your canvas and reference picture to draw up that way.
- The drawing up is time consuming so you will probably spend a great deal of the workshop doing the drawing and not painting...
So there are options. Tamara de Lempicka's style is very smooth seamless painting, with very stylised drawing, a master artist with a unique 'glamorous style'
Liana Vargas says: “When someone mentions the Roaring Twenties, it conjures up the Jazz Age, Flappers, Prohibition, the Charleston, Gangsters, The Great Gatsby, Mary Pickford, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. This was also the period of ‘Art Deco’ a classical, symmetrical, rectilinear style that reached its high point between 1925-1935. It drew its inspiration from such serious art movements as Cubism, Futurism, and the influence of the ‘Bauhaus’. In Paris, ‘Art Deco’ was the most dominant art form of the 1920 – 1930 period”.
What to bring on the day;
- If you are a beginner the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a beginners painting kit.
- Experienced paintings you will need your paints either oil or acrylic is fine
- Oil painters you will need a tube of acrylic paint - 1 colour (a ground cover)
- Brushes small, large, hard, soft, rounded and square
- Rags and paper towel
- Containers jars or small tins for your mediums, solvent (odourless) and water
- Baby wipes to keep (optional)
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags)
Don't forget your LUNCH - Duthy Street have tea and coffee and cookies for you.
To book a deposit of $50 is required with the full amount to be paid prior to the workshop.
How to Book and Pay
- Contact Liana Vargas: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0408136466
Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
IMPORTANT: When paying electronically – please advise when transfer complete
*Please note fee's and deposits are non refundable and not transferrable
Copyright © 2012 - 2017 Liana Vargas, All rights reserved.