Leader of the French Impressionist Movement
Claude Monet, 1840 - 1926
Semi-Private Speciality Workshop in Oil Paint
Fee: $260* for 8 hours tuition over two seperate days.
*Fee does not include canvas. 60cm Circular wood canvases from Duthy Street are around $50 and can be purchased on the day.
Suitable for beginners and experienced oil painters.
WATER LILY: The Nymphaéas cycle is a part of Monet's water landscape group that he started working on in the late 1890s. A scientific term for a Water Lily and Classical myth that attributes the birth of the flower to a nymph and Classical Greek Mythology.
This overall series occupied Monet until his death 30 years later and includes dozens of canvases creating a panorama of water, lilies, and sky in his studio inspired by his Giverny garden. Monet describes his goals for the project:
"Imagine a circular room, whose walls are entirely filled by a horizon of water spotted with these plants. Walls of transparency - sometimes green, sometimes verging on mauve. The silence and calm of the water reflecting the flowering display; the tones are vague, deliciously nuanced, as delicate as a dream."
... working within Monet's 'Circular' idea, this workshop will have it's participants painting in the round. Circular Wood Canvases can be purchased from Duthy Street the day; Cost is around $50.
What to bring on the day;
- If you are a beginner the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a Professional beginners painting kit.
- Experienced painters you will need your painting kit.
- Circular wood Canvases can be purchased from Duthy Street the day; Cost is around $50.
- Brushes small, large, hard, soft, rounded and square.
- Palette Knives.
- Rags, paper towel, baby wipes.
- Containers jars or small tins.
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags).
- Duthy Street have tea and coffee and cookies for you.
How to Book and Pay
To book a deposit of $50 is required with the full amount to be paid prior to the workshop.
Contact Liana Vargas: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0408136466
Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
IMPORTANT: When paying electronically – please advise when transfer complete
*Please note fee's and deposits are non refundable and not transferrable