Amedeo Modigliani, 1884-1920
Modigliani modernized two of the enduring themes of art history: the portrait and the nude. Characterized by a sense of melancholy, elongated proportions, and mask-like faces. Modigliani's portraits are both specific and highly stylized, each uniquely revealing its sitter's inner life, while at the same time unmistakably "Modiglianized."
Suitable for the complete beginner and experienced painters.
During this workshop you are welcome to paint either a portrait of someone you know or you can reproduce one of his iconic works... a really great way to learn from the master himself.
What to bring on the day;
Reference pictures, preferably good a4 colour photocopies to work from.
- If you are a beginner and don't have paint,the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a starter kit in oil or acrylic.
- Experienced paintings you will need your paints either oil or acrylic is fine
- Mediums and solvents must be ODOURLESS
- Oil painters you will need a tube of acrylic paint to set a ground cover
- Brushes small, large, hard, soft, rounded and square
- Rags and paper towel
- Containers jars or small tins for your mediums, solvent (odourless) and water
- Baby wipes to keep (optional)
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags)
Don't forget your LUNCH - Duthy Street have tea and coffee and cookies for you.
To book a deposit of $50 is required with the full amount to be paid prior to the workshop.
How to Book and Pay
- Contact Liana Vargas: email@example.com or phone 0408136466
Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
IMPORTANT: When paying electronically – please advise when transfer complete
*Please note fee's and deposits are non refundable and not transferrable
Copyright © 2012 - 2017 Liana Vargas, All rights reserved.