BEGINNERS Learn how to create classic paintings
NO DRAWING SKILLS NEEDED image will be pre drawn for you!
- WHEN: Sunday 12, 19, 26 August 2018
- FEE: $390 - 12 hours in total*
- Maximum of 6 participants
* Fee does not include cost of canvas or materials, but does include the canvas being pre drawn for you!
Painters in this speciality course will learn skills and techniques of the processes and methods utilised by famous Master Painters from Art History. You will complete the course with a fully realised 'copy' of either work and gain invaluable oil painting techniques and skills.
These two masterpieces are part of the Gallery of South Australia Collection.
Participants Testimonial: "This course offered by Liana was the highlight of my art studies, a truly wonderful experience. The in-depth notation given and generous instruction was invaluable." Natalie
1. John Collier (1850 – 1934), Priestess of Delphi. Style; Classicist and Pre-Raphaelite
About the Painting: The Priestess is depicted in a trance state, seated over a fissure in the rock through which vapors rise from the underground stream. In her left hand is a sprig of laurel - in Greek mythology, Apollo's sacred tree - and in the other hand a bowl meant to hold some of the water from the stream containing the gases.
2. John William Waterhouse (1849 – 1917), Circe Invidiosa. Style; Pre-Raphaelite
About the Painting: Circe, a figure from Greek mythology, who appears in Homer's Odyssey. This painting shows a scene not from the Odyssey, but from Ovid's Metamorphoses. A jealous Circe throws a magic potion into the well, where her rival in love Scylla is going to bathe.
Included in the fee;
Your preferred image (one of the two above) will have already been transferred (traced) onto your canvas ready for you to begin the painting process. This speciality course is not about drawing but about painting.
Fully researched, comprehensive instruction (and notes) on how to use oil glazing techniques over Grisaille (monochrome) under-paintings.
A good quality black and white photocopy of your preferred image for your monochrome underpainting.
High quality colour photocopy to reference for your subsequent glazing layers.
What you will need;
- Canvas available from Duthy Street - 50 x 30cm
- Paint - minimum required Seperate list for each painting:- TBA
- Underpainting Medium (low odour or odourless)
- Odourless Solvent
- Soft Synthetic brushes of various sizes
- Soft Rags, cotton buds, baby wipes
How to book and Pay
Those interested are requested to pay a $100 deposit with the remaining amount to be paid prior to the course beginning. (Please note because of limited numbers refunds or transfers can not be offered.)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
Please call 0408136466 or email email@example.com