Paul Gauguin, 1848-1903
Suitable for complete beginners to experienced painters.
Fee: $180, includes stretched Canvas and refreshments.
Gauguin approached his painting as a philosophical meditation on the ultimate meaning of human existence, as well as the possibility of religious fulfilment and answers on how to live closer to nature.
Be introduced to and then Try out Gauguin's thick, bold, expressionistic brushstrokes. Paint with his bright 'Tahitian' inspired colour. His technique and use of colour will help you produce luminous results in your painting.
Above are paintings created by participants in my previous workshop on this theme.
What to bring on the day;
- If you are a beginner the girls at Duthy Street Art Supplies can set you up with a beginners painting kit.
- Experienced paintings you will need your paints either oil or acrylic is fine
- Oil painters you will need a tube of acrylic paint - 1 colour to be used as a ground cover
- Brushes small, large, hard, soft, rounded and square
- Rags and paper towels
- Containers jars or small tins for your mediums, solvent (odourless)
- Baby wipes to keep (optional)
- Plastic bag (for your used paper towels and rags)
Please Don't forget to have good quality reference pictures to help you with your painting. Please don't try and work from a phone.
You are welcome to produce a 'study' of a Gauguin original - which is a great way to learn from the master. Or you can create your own composition in the 'style of' Gauguin.
To book a deposit of $50 is required with the full amount to be paid prior to the workshop.
How to Book and Pay
- Contact Liana Vargas: email@example.com or phone 0408136466
Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Commonwealth Bank, ACCOUNT NAME: Liana Vargas, BSB: 065 034, ACCOUNT # 10183713
IMPORTANT: When paying electronically – please advise when transfer complete
*Please note fee's and deposits are non refundable and not transferrable
Copyright © 2012 - 2016 Liana Vargas, All rights reserved.